Welcome to The Savannah Company. We provide property rentals and management in the Savannah and Tybee Island cities within coastal Georgia subject to the following conditions. If you book a property with us, you accept these conditions. Please read them carefully.
This is a vacation rental agreement between The Savannah Company, LLC and the Guest. Your signature on this agreement, or payment of money or taking possession of the property after receipt of the agreement is evidence of your acceptance of the agreement and your intent to use this property for a vacation rental.
1. RENTAL INFORMATION: The Savannah Company, LLC manages properties, individually owned and furnished by the owner according to their taste and certain standards recommended by us. We are employed by the property owners and will be unable to make other accommodation arrangements after your arrival. If a vacation residence should become unavailable for rental for any reason, we reserve the right to substitute comparable accommodations, if available.
2. OCCUPANCY: The occupancy limit of each property is designated in individual unit descriptions. Only infants who sleep in cribs are not counted in the total occupancy. All units and cottages are rented for family vacations only, to responsible adults over 25 years of age per our owner’s management agreement. The Savannah Company reserves the right to terminate or reject rental if reservation is booked under false pretenses.
3. RESERVATIONS: After making a reservation by phone your lease will be sent to you along with guest addendums. Return one signed lease with the 1st Reservation Payment, which includes 1/2 of total reservation + optional Travel Insurance and Accidental Damage Premium, if desired, within 7 days.
4. CSA TRAVEL PROTECTION INSURANCE: Vacation Rental Insurance is available with your reservation. Vacation Rental Insurance provides coverage for prepaid, nonrefundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable circumstances that may jeopardize your vacation investment and force you to incur unplanned expenses. We strongly recommend you purchase this valuable protection. Separate terms and conditions apply, read your Description of Coverage/Policy carefully and contact CSA at (866) 999-4018 with coverage questions.
5. CHECK-IN INFORMATION: Check-in will be after 3:00pm. Please plan your trip accordingly as keys cannot be released until check-in time. Occasionally we may need the hours of 4:00pm-6:00pm to perform additional cleaning or maintenance during the peak season. No check-in will be permitted until your rental account has been paid in full, including taxes and all other fees. Upon check-in you will be issued your entry code or keys to your rental property. Condo rentals will include the necessary gate/pool/parking passes or cards that are permitted by the condominium management group. Directions to your rental property will be included in your check-in package.
6. AFTER HOURS CHECK-IN - any arrivals after office hours (must call to receive special check-in instructions)
7. EARLY CHECK-IN & LATE CHECK OUT -A limited number of 1:00 pm check-ins and check-outs are offered for those guests with special arrival/departure needs. Please discuss this with your Reservationist at time of booking for fees and availability.
8. FURNISHINGS AND EQUIPMENT: All units are furnished with basic housekeeping supplies, cookware, flatware and small appliances. All properties have color, expanded cable TV and central AC unless "AC UNITS” is listed. Units will have washer/dryers and dishwashers unless otherwise stated. Maid service is not provided unless purchased as an add on. Bed linens, towels, baby and beach equipment may be rented in advance to assure availability. We cannot be held responsible for printing errors, changes in furnishings by owners or equipment failure.
9. LOST & FOUND: Although we are not responsible for personal items left behind, we will attempt to locate and return them to you for a $25 fee plus postage. Items found in unit will be stored for 90 days, and if not claimed, donated to charity or discarded.
10. LOST KEYS AND LOCK OUTS: A $50.00 fee will be charged for any lost key unless otherwise stated. A $35.00 emergency fee will be charged for lock out after office hours.
11. GRILLING: Grilling is permitted on a case by case basis. Please see unit description for availability of a grill. All grilling must occur outdoors within the private Guest space.
12. CANCELLATION: ***COVID-19 UPDATE*** We have modified our cancellation policy with your family in mind. We now offer 100% cancellation 30 days before arrival. If you cancel your reservation for any reason 30 days before your scheduled check-in date, you will have the choice to receive 100% of your down payment as a credit for a future stay with us OR a 100% refund of your down payment. If your reservation is cancelled 14 days or less before your check-in date, you will have the choice to receive 50% of your down payment as a credit for a future stay with us OR a 50% refund of your down payment.
13. DISCLAIMER: Every effort has been made to ensure that information is accurate, but we cannot be held responsible for errors, omissions or a late change in pricing & availability. Prices are subject to change. Please check website or call for current pricing. SMOKE DETECTORS: For your protection smoke detectors are installed in each rental property. Please check smoke detectors immediately upon check-in and report any malfunction.
14. CLEANING: ***COVID-19 UPDATE***A routine departure cleaning is included in the amount charged. We have reviewed and implemented CDC guided cleaning and disinfection procedures to ensure our homes are as safe and clean as possible. All of our cleaning solutions have disinfecting properties that are listed by the CDC and EPA to kill the COVID-19 virus, and all of our cleaning tools are disinfected before and after each use therefore minimizing the risk of any cross contamination. In addition to this, we want you to know that our linen is not only laundered on sanitization cycles, but we have added a sanitizing pre-soak to all linens to kill 99.99% of viruses and bacteria before they are ran through the wash. Please note the COVID-19 virus has been listed as a virus that is killed by this chemical process. Additionally, all of our kitchen utensils are washed on a sanitation cycle with a disinfecting solution. While we have adopted amplified disinfecting procedures, all bookings have been spread out to include a 48-hour buffer between check-out and our next arrival. This allows extra time to limit any cross contamination of COVID-19 from guest to guest and guest to cleaning staff. Guest check out procedures should be followed to assure refund of the Security Deposit. If there is any problem upon check-in, call our office immediately. If no phone call is received within one hour, acceptance will be assumed.
15. MAINTENANCE: The Savannah Company cannot guarantee air conditioning, pools/spas or other major or minor appliances. There will be no refunds on air conditioner, TV, cable, VCR/DVD, or appliance failures including any loss of utilities: electrical, water or phone services. Please notify our office at once concerning any problems and we will have the repairs made as quickly as possible. NO REFUNDS issued for delayed check-in or early check-outs, damage to guests’ personal belongings due to malfunctioning appliances or inclement weather including mandatory evacuation. Due to our climate and constant traffic through open doors and windows we do not issue refunds for unwanted pests (i.e. bugs). Substitutions, transfers and refunds will not be made upon arrival for any reason. We will make every effort to correct any problem reported upon your arrival. No refunds for pools/spas operational down time.
16. METHOD OF PAYMENT: Upon acceptance of your reservation, 50% of the total cost of the reservation shall be billed to the guest. The remaining balance of your rental fee and all related charges are due 30 days prior to the first day of your rental term. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
17. SECURITY DEPOSIT/DAMAGE PROTECTION POLICY: As a part of your stay, you may purchase a Vacation Rental Damage Protection plan covers unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. If purchased, the policy will pay a maximum benefit of $3,000. Any damages that exceed $3,000 or are not covered under the plan will be charged to the credit card on file. If, during your stay at one of our rental properties, an insured person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of $3000. Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Vacation Rental Damage coverage are contained in the Description of Coverage or Insurance Policy (www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/G20VRD). The Vacation Rental Damage can be purchased up to, and including, check in time. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services to directly pay The Savannah Company any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Vacation Rental Damage plan. Please contact The Savannah Company directly if you do not wish to participate in this plan or assignment. In the event you do not wish to purchase this plan, a $3000 security deposit is required. Guest is financially responsible for all costs associated with repair and replacement of damage and loss caused by actions and events outside of those allowed under Damage Waiver Fee.
18. PETS: Please note some of our properties will allow 1-2 mature, housebroken dog(s) depending on property, with payment of a non-refundable $75 pet fee per pet and request made at time of reservation. No cats or any other pets are allowed in any unit. If an unauthorized pet is found in any unit there will be a $200 pet fee charge assessed against security/credit card, the pet must be removed, and your occupancy will be canceled for breach of rental contract. Any extra cleaning or damage caused by pet will be deducted from the security deposit or credit card provided.
19. PLEASE NOTE: No campers, RV’s, boats trailers or 4 wheelers are allowed EXCEPT where noted on individual houses and cottages. No International long-distance charges please, use a calling card or third-party billing.
20. CHECK-OUT TIME & INSTRUCTIONS: Check-out occurs by 11:00 AM and is strictly enforced. Sorry, no exceptions. We must have time to clean and inspect all properties for arriving guests unless you have arranged for our late check-out service in advance. Otherwise a late check-out will result in additional charges to your rental account equal to half of one night’s rent. Guest is responsible for securing all doors and windows and placing trash in outdoor receptacles upon departing. Please leave all keys and passes inside the unit. Failure to return keys and passes will result in a charge against your damage deposit or credit card.
21. LIABILITY: Guest is responsible for the safety and behavior of their children/guests/pets.